The all new SG 1400M is built to meet the standards of today’s high performance shops and it's also an affordable addition to any machine shop.
Now you can resurface all popular cast iron, aluminium, diesel Cylinder heads with steel pre-combustion chambers and Blocks at full grinder speeds (without coolants) in a reduced processing times
Well tested solution as the rigid cast iron base and table incorporate flat and V-shaped way design, machined directly on the basement, assures accurate parallelism and side-to-side tracking.
Infinitely variable table traverse producing the exact surface finish desired for the wide range of gasket materials used.
Belt driven precision Ball Screw ensures smooth operation and more constant speed even at slow feed.
Cast iron "box" type columns with dove tail ways and precision ball screw drive feed make the SG 1400M durable and accurate machine.
The spindle motor rotates at variable speed controlled by inverter (Siemens SINAMICS V20)
The SG 1400M is supplied, as standard equipment with the big 16” CBN-PCD Milling Head that glides up and down our power column complete with Auto Return Cycle.
A user friendly control commands are located on a swing arm control panel and includes the rapid power feed of the head. Commands allows for operation in manual, semi-automatic, and programmable automatic modes.
As option, useful accessories are available like the Adjustable fixture for Cylinder Heads and V-block mounting kit.
- Low voltage electric controls (24V)
- Ball Screw Driven Variable Speed Table
- Power Column with Ball Screw
- Motorized raise and lower of the milling head
- Variable head spindle speed with digital read-out
- 16" (405 mm) CBN / PCD Milling plate
- Manual / Auto Return / Continuous working cycle
- Depth Indicator Assembly complete of dial gauge
- 3/8 (9,52mm) Tool holder Cartridge
- 3/8" CBN insert
- Swing arm control panel
- Safety guard with polycarbonate shield
- Automatic Central Lubrication System
- Pair of parallel supports
- Large + Small clamps (2+2 pcs.)
- Oil for slides (1 lt.)
- Wrench set
- Instruction manual
- Painted with standard grey colours RAL 7040 and RAL 7015.
- Extra charge for other colours available upon request.
- Safety guard with sliding doors confirming CE standard
- Adjustable universal support for heads (with parallels)
- Adjustable universal support for heads (with steel plate), complete of 2 adjustable jacks
- V-Block adjustable universal fixture
- Flywheel grinding device with cup grindwheel
- Motor-driven rotary table Ø 390 mm
Useful table surface
1300 × 310 mm
1420 mm (56")
Max. working length
1200 mm (47 ¼")
Max. workpiece width
405 mm (16")
Min. - Max. workpiece height
115 - 800 mm (4½" - 31½")
Milling plate diameter
405 mm (16")
Variable Spindle speed
500 - 1350 RPM
Variable table feed speed
0 - 1500 mm/min.
4,2 kW (5,6 HP)
Head rapid feed motor
0,18 kW (0,24 HP)
Table Drive Motor
0,75 kW (1 HP)
5,0 kW (6,85 HP)
Voltage – Hz – phases
400V - 50Hz - 3ph / 230V - 60Hz - 3ph
Machine Dimensions (W×D×H)
2600×1250×2050 mm (102×49×80")
Weight machine (unpacked)
1480 kg (3265 Lbs)
Machine Shipping Weight
1950 kg (4290 Lbs)
Shipping Dimensions (W×D×H) Seaworthy wooden box packing
2750×1280×2300 mm (108×50×90")